I miss this place. So peaceful, calm, wonderful. I find myself drawn to lakes all over the world. I can imagine myself sitting there, reading a book, writing in my notebook, taking pictures. Wading through the water. Watching fish swim around my feet. Will I ever go back to this one? I don’t know. There are still so many other places to visit, to explore. The heart always asks for more. More of this.
© Els Vanopstal
Congratulations! If you’re reading this, you have made it to 2012 and you probably will continue to live in this wonderful world until the apocalypse takes us all down in December. But not to worry! December is still a lifetime away. To make it all worth our while though, we better make some good old resolutions. Here are mine:
- Shoot more men (I think I have shot in total 2 men in 2011, so I’ll have to photograph at least 3 men in 2012.)
- Practise my French (Voulez-vous parler avec moi?)
- Make more environmental portraits (Like, you know, people in uh.. Environments and stuff)
- Swim in a lake (Any lake)
- Move (To another city)
- At least do one photoshoot using a 4×5 camera (Don’t know where I’m going to get it yet, but must. Must.)
- Travel as much as I can (On the wishlist: France (Paris), Spain (Barcelona), Slovenia)
- Eat more soup (CatSup not included)
- Read at least one book per month (
Jan (The People Look Like Flowers At Last) – Febr (Post Office) – Mar (Norwegian Wood) – April – May – June – July – Aug – Sept – Oct – Nov – Dec).
- Try to make some self portraits again (They are very therapeutic for people who might otherwise need therapy)
- Write much much much more (Keep in mind Bukowski: “Maybe I’ll write a novel, I thought. And then I did.”)
Buy a 2012 agenda (I’d put it in my agenda but I’m currently out)